“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.”-Scott Westerfeld

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Makeup of the Day!

What's on my face today?


Products used (Face): 1. Using a Real Technique Stippling Brush I applied Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry Skin in 150 Buff.
2. Covered any blemishes and redness with Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette Hidden Agenda-07
3. Set foundation and concealer with NYX stay matte but not flat powder foundation in Nude-02

For the eyes I used three eyeshadows from the Must Get New Shoes palette from the Sephora Collection Color Diary:

Products used (Eyes): 1. With a small angled brush, I filled in my eyebrows using the Coastal Scents Brow Tones palette.
2. Prime the eyes evenly with a small amount of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in orignial.
3. With a flat shader brush take the top right shadow (burgundy shimmer) and apply across the entire lid.
4. Using a blending brush take the top left shadow (warm brown-purple) and sweep across the crease in a 'windshield wiper' motion, blending the shadow towards the brow. Clean the brush and blend out any harsh edges.
5. Using a small angled eyeshadow brush, take the right shadow from the middle row (blue-purple) and apply a thin underneath the lower lash line, leaving the tear duct area clean.
6. Line lower water line with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in yogurt.
7. With a clean blending brush, apply NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in yogurt to highlight the brow and tear duct area.
8. Thinly line the upper lash line with ULTA Automatic Eye Liner in Chocolate, wing at the corner.
9. Curl eyelashes and apply a Deep Brown mascara, I used Bad Gal Brown by Benefit.


Products used (Cheeks): 1. Apply Hoola Benefit Bronzer across cheekbones.
2. Take the blush from the same Sephora palette and apply to the apples of the cheeks.

Products used (Lips): 1. Apply a coat of the lipgloss also from the previous palette (hot pink).






I really love the Sephora Collection Color Diary and highly recommend it to any makeup lover!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I really want to try the revlon colorstay foundation. I live in Europ and the lightest shade is Buff. I have yellow toned skin but I wonder if it is not too light. As I can see on you, it look so nice and not light at all! Can you tell me if the foundation oxidized on you and became darker ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I absolutely ♥ Revlon's Colorstay foundation in the liquid and whipped form (I actually prefer the whipped version).
      I've found that this particular foundation (liquid) does slightly oxidize darker once it dries so it ends up matching my skin tone pretty well. If available to you, I'd recommend trying to find a local store where you can swatch the product before purchasing it just to be on the safe side. Hope I helped answering your question!
      ♥ Katie

      Delete