“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.”-Scott Westerfeld

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Makeup of the Day!

What's on my face today?


Products Used (Face):
1. I applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance all over the face (avoiding eyes).
2. Using a Real Techniques Stippling Brush I applied MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15.
3. Then with the Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette Hidden Agena-07 I covered all blemishes and redness around the nose.

Next I move on to the eyes! I'll be using three eyeshadows and a bronzing powder for the highlight:



Products Used (Eyes):
1. I usually always start my eye makeup by filling in my brows. As usual I am using the Coastal Scents Brow Tones palette and a small angled eyeshadow brush.
2. First things first, primer! Using a small amount of the Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer (not pictured) apply evenly across the lid, up to the brow and below the lower lash line.
3. Apply Covergirl Eye Enhancer in Champagne (shimmer pale gold) across the lid and inner tear duct area.
4. For the crease, I used the shadow Buck (matte warm brown) from the Urban Decay Naked Palette with a MAC 217 blending brush sweeping in a 'windshield wiper' motion. Blend the outer corners and lightly upwards towards the brow area.
5. With a clean blending brush, gently apply a small amount of Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Sunbaked Bronzing Powder in Pure Shimmer to highlight underneath the brow.
6. Underneath the lower lash line, apply a thick line of Smog (shimmer bronze) also from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, leaving Pure Shimmer showing in the tear duct.
7. Line the upper and lower water line with ULTA Kohl Eye Liner in Deep Brown.
8. With an angled liner brush apply a thin line of Maybelline EyeStudio gel liner in Blackest Black 'winging' at the outer corner of the eye towards the brow.
9. Curl eyelashes and apply a generous amount of black mascara, I used L'oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara.
10. Finally conceal any fall-out underneath the eyes, I used Almay Line Smoothing concealer in Light.


Products Used (Cheeks):

1. I contour my cheeks with NARS Laguna
2. On the apples of my cheeks I used a peach blush from the Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette


3. For the highlight (tops of my cheeks) I applied Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Sunbaked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Pure Shimmer (03)
4. To set my face makeup, I use e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Powder in clear.
Products Used (Lips):

1. Lightly line and fill in lips with L'oreal Colour Riche Lip Liner in Au Natural.
2. Apply an even coat of ULTA Lipstick in Baby Doll Pink(234)[Sheer baby pink].
3. Finally, apply a small amount of lip gloss (optional) I used Smashbox lip gloss in Luster (Sheer shimmer).



No comments:

Post a Comment