“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.”-Scott Westerfeld

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box Swatches & Review

So if you saw my recent ULTA HAUL post or video (http://youtu.be/_4dUejVyL6g) you'll know that I picked up some goodies recently and I've been dying to share some swatches of a couple of products that I had mentioned in my haul video. So today I'm going to share with you swatches and an initial review of Urban Decay's Deluxe Shadow Box! First things first, the Deluxe Shadow Box retails for $38.00, but is currently on sale at ULTA (and urbandecay.com) for $16.00. That's over 50% in savings! It comes with a travel size Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Original and 9 beautiful highly pigmented Deluxe Eye Shadows.


I first fell in love with the quality of Urban Decay eye shadows from my beloved Naked & Naked 2 Palettes. If you own or have seen either of these palettes, you'll know that they contain mostly neutral eye shadow shades. So I was extremely impressed with this palette as soon as I opened it and saw these amazingly bright and colorful eye shadows!


Fishnet is a beautiful duotone iridescent purple shadow with a luminous sheen shimmer without glitter.

Honey is a glistening gold shimmer eye shadow that is also a luminous sheen shadow without glitter.

Ransom is a duotone vibrant purple shimmer shadow; luminous sheen, no glitter

Graffiti is a bright green duotone and shimmer shadow; luminous sheen, no glitter

Zero is a charcoal black shadow with small specks of silver sparkle

Peace is a shimmering turquoise shadow with a luminous sheen without glitter

Shag is a golden bronze luminous sheen shade without glitter

Scratch is a gorgeous luminous sheen rose gold eye shadow without glitter which is definitely my favorite shade in this palette

Underground is a brown bronze shimmer eye shadow without glitter

Overall, this palette is a great value full of highly pigmented, high quality, blendable, fun shades in a cute faux-velvety compact. The only negative for me is the 2 sponge applicators that come in the palette, but that's definitely a personal preference thing just because I prefer to use makeup brushes. I recommend at least checking out this palette for yourself because I am so glad that I decided to get my hands on it! I'm so ready to play with these shadows especially for the spring and summer seasons!


I hope that these swatches are helpful to you if you are debating on weather or not to get this palette. If you have any questions about this palette, feel free to leave me a comment ^-^! Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, I hope you have a beautiful day ♥
xoxo, Katie

3 comments:

  1. I know that this palette came out ages ago but I only discovered it recently on the Urban Decay website so I ordered it online about 2 days ago because it was on clearance for 10 bucks! Like wtf! But so far, from th reviews and tutorials I've seen with it, I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it for $10.00!!! That's an awesome steal! I think you're really going to be happy once you receive the palette! It's definitely worth the money, all of the shadows are gorgeous and you can get tons of looks from this palette.
      I actually posted a look from this palette, if you're interested go here:
      http://truebeautylieswithinyou.blogspot.com/2013/04/spring-makeup-tutorial-playful-in-purple.html

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
      ♥ Katie

      Delete
  2. I just got my hands on this palette today since it was only $10 on Sephora's website also. I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete