“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.”-Scott Westerfeld

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Makeup of the Day using E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadows!

Sunday Funday Makeup! This is the makeup I wore to go out to lunch with my fiancé (Jeff) and his brother and then successfully spent the rest of the day lounging around (except for obviously taking the time to take pictures and post this, ha).
What's on my face today?






Products used (face): 1. I started by evening out my skin tone with a small amount of Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream in the color Light/Medium applied with a MAC 190 Foundation Brush all over the face.
2. Once the B.B. Cream has had time to absorb into the skin I apply my foundation. First, using a Real Techniques Stippling Brush I stipple a small amount of Revlon ColorStay for Normal/Dry Skin in 150 Buff all over the face. Then with a Real Techniques Buffing brush I continue to buff in the foundation until completely blended.
3. To cover blemishes I used the Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette by Sonia Kashuk.
4. To conceal underneath the eyes I used a small amount of NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in light.
5. Then with an E.L.F. flat top Powder Brush I set the foundation and concealer lightly with NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation in Nude.

For the eyes i'll be using these five e.l.f. mineral eyeshadows:





Products used (eyes):
* I always start by filling in my eyebrows using the Coastal Scents Brow Tones palette, a small angled brush and NYX Eyebrow Shaper *
1. Prime the eyelids with e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in the color Sheer.
2. Using the e.l.f. All-over Eyeshadow Brush pack a small amount of Glamorous (shimmer, rose-pink) mineral eyeshadow across the lid.
3. With a blending brush, sweep Enchanting (matte, soft brown) mineral eyeshadow across the crease stopping just below the highlight area under the brow. This will act as a transition color later.
4. With the same brush pick up a small amount of Royal (dark shimmery purple) and sweep across the crease on top of Enchanting stopping so the brown is just peeking through. I always recommend to apply a light amount of dark shadow and then build up the intensity until you are satisfied with the look. Don't forget to blend out the edges. Blend, blend, blend!
5. At this point you may need to apply some more Glamorous eyeshadow across the lids. I then applied a thin line of Glamorous underneath the lower lash line.
6. I also wanted to brighten up the lids so with the e.l.f. All-over eyeshadow brush I applied Sweet (very shimmery pink) Mineral Eyeshadow to the center of the lid, blending the edges lightly.
7. With a clean blending brush highlight under the brow and tear duct with Innocent (matte ivory white) mineral eyeshadow.
8. Line the lower water line with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to also help brighten/open the eyes.
9. Curl the lashes and apply black mascara, I used Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara.





For the cheeks I used the Too Faced Leopard Love Complexion Perfect Kit:

1. I contour my cheeks using the Peach Leopard bronzer and using whatever product that was left on the brush to my temples and jawline.
2. With a blush brush I applied Candy Leopard Blush to the apples of my cheeks, blending the two shades lightly.
3. Then with a large fan brush I applied Pink Leopard Brighter to the tops of my cheek bones.
4. I then took the Real Techniques Powder Brush and a very small amount of e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Powder to set my overall face makeup.


For the lips I used this Revlon Lip Butter in the color Sweet Tart. This is an extremely pigmented bright pink that I love for summer!: 1. I lightly dabbed this lipstick across my lips.




I hope you enjoyed your Sunday as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment