“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.”-Scott Westerfeld

Monday, June 25, 2012

Makeup of the day! Feeling Inspired ;)

What's on my face today?




Products used (face): 1. I stippled Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in 150 Buff with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush all over face then blended well with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
2. Concealed blemishes with the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette.

For the eyes i'll be using the Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Palette in Inspired and one eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked Palette:


Products used (eyes):* I always start by filling in my eyebrows using the Coastal Scents Brow Tones palette, a small angled brush and NYX Eyebrow Shaper *
1. Prime the entire eyelid, crease and underneath the brow using NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone.
2. With a fluffy brush (I used MAC 217) take Naked (matte, soft brown) from the Urban Decay Naked Palette and sweep it through the crease stopping under the highlight area of the brow. This shadow is meant to add depth to the crease while also acting as a transition color.
3. Using a large fluffy brush take the white shimmery shadow (1) from the Revlon palette and apply on the brow bone to highlight. Feel free to blend the crease and highlight shadows softly together.
4. With a flat shadow brush take the green shimmery shadow (3) and pack the shadow on the entire lid. This shadow is not very pigmented so I really had to pack it on! Blend at the crease.
5. Then using a smaller fluffy brush apply the dark blue shadow (4) to the outer corner of the eye taking it up toward the highlight but stopping just before so the Naked shadow is still peeking through. Blend, blend, blend!
6. With the tip of the flat shadow brush pick up the blue shimmery shadow (2) and apply a thin line on the outer 3/4 of the lower lash line. Then with the clean side of the brush, apply (3) to the tear duct/ inner 1/4 of the eye. I also applied (4) to the very outer corner.
7. Line the upper and lower water line with black eyeliner, I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero.
8. Thinly line the top lash line with Maybelline Master Precise by EYESTUDIO in Black.
9. Curl lashes and apply black mascara, I used ULTA Voluptuous Volume Mascara.
10. *Optional* Then apply false lashes. I normally don't wear falsies but when I do I try to find ones that look as natural as possible. I really like these by Ardell

Products used (cheeks): 1. Using a Duo Fiber brush I applied Hoola by Benefit to the hollows as well as the apples of the cheeks.

Products used (lips): 1. Lightly dab NYX Matte Lipstick in Pale Pink.
2. Top with Smashbox Lipgloss in Baby Pout



“The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.”
― Yves Saint-Laurent


7 comments:

  1. I found your blog from ONTD and omg you are sooo freaking pretty! You've seriously hit the genetic lottery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! Thank you very much, you're too kind :)

      Delete
  2. You are so pretty! I'm looking at images of people who use this foundation in Buff. Most people seem very fair, but you seem to be more light than pale. Anyway, it looks beutiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an understatedly pretty makeup. I can't make up my mind as far as which Revlon Whipped Foundation shade to try. Would you describe Buff as having warm undertones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eye makeup is truly gorgeous. But, what I really like about it, is that it is very sheer looking and wearable but at the same time it includes that gorgeus green shade so it has a pop of color while at the same time being very wearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Glad you enjoy the look :D
      ♥ Katie

      Delete