“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.”-Scott Westerfeld

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Baked Beauties Series ♥ APPLE CAKE


I'm so excited to share with you guys my first video for my new Baked Beauties Series on my channel! As much as I love makeup, I also really love to bake (and eat)! Since it's the Holiday season I thought it would be the perfect time to share some of my favorite recipes with you. Today's Baked Beauty is an Apple Cake that is dense, delicious and super easy to make! Follow along and let's get baking!


I found the original recipe on foodgawker.com (here's the link: http://pinchofyum.com/cinnamon-sugar-apple-cake), but tweaked it a little bit to suit my taste! 

~Apple Cake~
¤ Ingredients- 
1 1/2 Cups Light Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (you can use vanilla extract)
2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Apple- about 2 medium apples (I used Granny Smith) 
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (you can use cinnamon)
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter (melted)

¤ Instructions-
1. Preheat oven to 325*F 
2. In a small bowl mix the chopped apples, granulated sugar, apple pie spice and melted butter. Mix thoroughly, set aside. 
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, egg and buttermilk. To the mixture, add the baking soda, vanilla and flour. Stir with a wooden spoon (you can also use an electric mixer) until combined. *It is easier to add the flour a little at a time, but do whatever works for you!!* 
4. Pour the batter into a greased (I used Pam) 9x13 baking dish. 
5. Sprinkle the apple topping mixture evenly on top of the batter. 
6. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. 
7. Serve warm! Delicious on it's own or spruce it up with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. 

¤ Tools you'll need-
1 cutting board 
1 knife 
1 small mixing bowl
1 large mixing bowl
1 whisk
1 wooden spoon (or electric mixer with attachments)
1 9x13 baking dish

I really hope that you enjoyed my first baking video for my Baked Beauties series! If you give this recipe a try please be sure to take a pic of it and tweet it to me or instagram it @toabeautifulyou
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Holidays and until next time, I hope that you have a beautiful day!
Katie

Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment